Thursday, June 16

It's Official!

Hello Readers!
So last night I found this in an envelope sitting inside the front porch door. We never use this door to go in and out of. I just happened to take Cash out front to use the restroom since it was raining (and he won't go out in the rain). I had to pick him up and run him underneath a tree where the rain wasn't falling as hard so that he could go! I'm glad I went out that way--there's no telling how long it has been sitting there!


It's kind of strange after years and years of school work and now having nothing to do! No assignments, papers, or projects to complete. I am proud of myself for all of my hard work and it is neat to see the path that God has brought me down. Four years ago, after getting enough credits to transfer, I started at GCSU, where I met many amazing people and grew a lot in my faith. At first I had no clue what I wanted to do and even thought about Marketing-for those of you who really know me, that will give you a good laugh--I know it does for my husband (a salesman)! At some point I had a revelation--I love kids, why not be a teacher?! After completing my core work, I applied for the Education cohort there and was 1 of the 40 out of 80 people who didn't get it. Very disappointed, but determined, I looked into other education programs at various colleges in Georgia. This one little bump in the road was not going to stop me from doing what I knew God had given me a passion for. So, after a lot of thinking and weighing of options, I decided to transfer to Macon State. My first few weeks there were probably the hardest. All of the girls knew each other and seemed to be close and here I was some random girl in class with all of them. I was very intimidated at first and already being a shy person let's just say I kept to myself for a while. I later learned that some of the girls (who I became good friends with) thought I was stuck up and mad because I was at MSC and not GCSU--apparently I used to wear my GCSU shirts often?! I don't think this was done on purpose. I would wake up and throw on whatever t-shirt was at the top of the drawer! After getting to know everyone, I actually found it to be a blessing that I came in not being a part of any existing "clique". This allowed me to do what I like to call "float"! I could sit with one group of girls one day and a different group of girls another day, then a different group at lunch, etc. Obviously I had girls I got closer with than others, but I felt like I could talk to any and all of them. I am actually thankful for my Education degree from MSC because I am what you call "duel certified". This means I am Early Childhood and Special Ed certified- it makes me more versatile than all of those GCSU girls who got into the cohort that day :) Haha I'm kidding, I made friends with some of those girls, and I have no room to brag, I still don't have a job.


All of that to say this....At the time I was very disappointed about having to leave GCSU and a close knit group of girls who I love love love and I was definitely not excited about driving an hour back and forth to Macon. However, now I can look back on that journey and appreciate all that the Lord took me through--each experience-- all to grow and mold me into who I am today.


Until my next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment