Saturday, July 2

KARAOKE!

HAPPY WEEKEND READERS!
I wanted to try to get a quick post in about Thursday night before too much happens! My laptop is still messing up and the convenience of blogging from the couch is no longer a luxary for me. Needless to say, I have been too lazy to get up and come into Adam's office to write a post. Pretty sorry, right?! Anways--As previously mentioned, I did go karaoke the other night with some good friends! We all had a great time with each other, however the actual karaoke was very lame. In fact, if we wouldn't have been there to sing, all they would have played would have been old, slow, boring songs. It was fun to sit there and listen to old men with deep, raspy voices (caused by years and years of smoking) sing really old songs way off beat, but at the same time I think we were hoping for some more modern, upbeat music! The group included: Ashley L (who also has a blog you should check out), Ashley D.? (I met her that night, I think her last name starts with a D!), JL, Ryan, Kaylin, and myself! Jamie Lynn got the night started off with her classic Britney Spears impersonation and sang "Hit Me Baby One More Time", which was AMAZING & HILARIOUS. For those of you who may not know, JL has the best Britney impersonation out of anyone I've ever heard....actually she's the only one I've ever heard, but she is really good and sounds just like her! :) The crowd loved her! And of course karaoke isn't karaoke unless you throw a little Taylor Swift in the mix. So A Lamb and myself  sang "Picture to Burn". I was a little nervous because I hadn't heard this song in forever and couldn't really remember the words! I was tripping out the whole time because as I was reading the words on the screen, I was realizing that I had replaced the correct lyrics with some of my own and hadn't been singing the right words in some parts of the song. C'mon, we have all done that. I thought it was hilarious! We put our names down to sing Justin Beiber, but he never called us back up... I don't think he was a fan. If it wasn't slow, old country, he didn't want to play it! As always, the night included many other interesting and funny stories that we will just keep to ourselves for now..... but, next time we are DEFINITELY trying a different place to karaoke!

Oh Bay-Bah Bay-Bah
                                        


Until my next post... Have a Happy 4th of July! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment