Forgive me for falling behind on my posts! I don't know what it is about Friday/the weekends--I just fall behind! So (yesterday) was Veterans' Day and I wanted to write about being thankful for those who have served and continue to serve our country. This selfless service takes more courage than I can imagine! I don't think I would ever be brave enough to leave my family, friends, and the comfort of home to go put myself in harms way to protect and serve our country, but I am thankful for those who are. My granddaddy, Ace Parker, is a WWII veteran. Earning a purple heart, he fought [hard] for this country and our freedom. I cannot imagine the bravery and courage it took him to do what he did--I am very grateful. He, like many others, fought so that we could live in freedom--worshiping how we choose, wearing what we choose, saying what we choose, living where we choose...so many freedoms we take for granted-our veterans have made them all possible. Thank you!
Until my next post...
No comments:
Post a Comment