Wednesday, July 18

It's Not Goodbye

Goodbyes are never easy. Whether it's your dad leaving to go live somewhere else, your uncle moving out west, your dog dying unexpectedly, or a family that's very special to you moving out of state, it's never easy to see the ones you love the most go away, even if only for a little while. How do you say goodbye to people who have had so much influence in your life? These people are very special. You see, they aren't just church family for us, they're real family! To a guy who I will always see as my youth pastor, who helped me learn to grow in and understand God's word through the most critical years of my life, a guy who has had more influence than he will know over his nephew (my husband), I hope you gain so much knowledge through school and your mentors and that you grow as a leader. To a sweet woman who has been a mentor and great friend to me beginning in my early teen years, who when I first met I thought of as a big sister, a woman who I've seen go through many things and have learned from how to trust God in hard situations and praise Him for his blessings, I hope you are refreshed through spending time with your family and that God teaches you many things during your time up north. To a kind-hearted little boy who Adam nicknamed 'No-Man', who was his parents' first blessing and is the sweetest, most well mannered child, very caring, but all boy, who I've watched learn and grow from birth, I know you will do very well in your new school, you will make many friends because you are so sweet and easy to get along with. I hope you learn so much, be nice to your teacher! :) Take care of your brother and sister, and don't get too tall! To two little "babies" who will always be just that to me, M&M, who are opposite as night and day, who never allow for a dull moment, who make us laugh constantly and test us every now and then, you two may have been the hardest to say bye to. I hope you two continue to learn and grow. I look forward to seeing how much you change between now and the next time I see you. Don't forget us, we are Adam & Cason (not to be confused with Adam & Eve!). I love all five of you, and of course my heart is heavy as you move today, tears stream down my face as I write this post, but I am also happy for each of you. God is going to do great things in each one of your lives. So, it's not 'goodbye', it's just 'see you later' because I know we will be seeing you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment