Foreword: The tiny thought that inspired this post made a lot more sense in my head. I feel a little distracted, so I hope all of this makes sense. Thanks for reading!
The "inspiration" for this post came about a while back. A couple of weeks ago, I was outside and felt the slightest cool breeze blow. I love that time of year; where you start to feel fall in the air. It brings back many childhood memories that I hold close, many of which took place in a concrete parking lot in Athens, Georgia on game day. That feeling means different things to different people. When I felt the cool air that day, I automatically got excited for college football (Blame my Daddy, brother, and Papa. They ruined me. Growing up, I knew way to much about the sport and in high school I knew more about UGAs players/stats than your average teenage girl.)
However, there was another feeling that was brought about by the cool air that day. This feeling was a new one. I hadn't felt it in years past. The cool air was coming as a relief to the hot summer we experienced, which made me think... A new season is coming; a cool, new season, full of another set of months and different weather than what we've been having. For the first time, as I felt fall coming, I also felt a sense of hope. Hopeful for cooler days. Hopeful for holidays that allow me to spend more time with my family. Hopeful for new colors on the trees. Hopeful for a change in scenery. Hopeful for a change, period. Hopeful that even though things aren't going my way, they are working out how they should. Hopeful that I won't always feel this way. Hopeful that I will soon be back on top of the mountain instead of deep in the valley. Hopeful that the Lord is showing me something through this time.
I feel like that was legit babbling, so let me try to bring it together! Maybe you are going through a difficult time; I am. Just being honest. I am having a tough time as I'm sure has been made evident through my blogging. It's not with one thing or another; it's just with life. This season sucks for lack of a better word. Yes, I am seeking God through it and I am trying to stay positive and learn in it, but it is hard and I don't like it. That day I felt the cool breeze, I was reminded that just as the seasons change year-round, so do the seasons of life. It's so cliché, but I'm gonna go there: This too shall pass. And it will. Whatever you are going through, whatever I am going through, we will get through it one way or another. We may not be able to see the 'light at the end of the tunnel' (man! tonight I'm being chee-say -Will, that was for you if you're reading), but we will soon (or not so soon) be moving into a new season. Fall is coming (well, when I was first inspired to write this)!
Now, fall has come. We are in its midst and it is making its presence known with cool mornings and evenings. As promised, leaves are starting to change and fall from the trees. Days are getting shorter. Nights are getting longer. And I'm reminded of the Lord's faithfulness to me (and you). He will do what He says He is going to do. He will take care of his children. His word is true and He keeps his promises.
So, I believe from now on, when I feel the first cool breeze that promises a new season is coming, I will not only think about college football, red & black, and pom-poms, but I will also be reminded of the Lord's faithfulness to me and the hope I have in Him; hope for a new season; hope that He has my best planned out; hope that He will do exceedingly more than I can ask or imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment