Saturday, July 27

Resting in the Rain Specks

Lately, there has been a lot on my mind. The wheels have been turning constantly.
I noticed the sunset on our drive home. Brillant colors filled the sky. Once we got home, I decided to sit on our back porch and take it all in. The stillness and peace that comes from reflecting on God's creation; my mind could sure use it.

As I watch the last colors of the sunset fade from the sky, I notice the smallest, lightest rain specks (not heavy enough to be drops) falling down. You can't hear them or see them and you can barely feel them. If I hadn't sat still, I wouldn't have even known they were there.

My sweet Father reminds me to not get so busy with life. Don't worry so much. Don't plan so much. Don't overthink things. Don't be so consumed with other things that you forget Me. If you do, you may miss out on the tiny rain specks of life.

Just as soon as the rain specks started, they seemed to stop; as if it were only something He and I knew about. I don't know if they were or not, but I have been reminded to slow down and take time to be still before Him; clear my mind and cast all of my cares upon Him. My God is a good God and I'm so thankful that he cares about me, personally. He formed me and created me and He knows the number of my days. It feels good to slow down and rest in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment