Wednesday, June 15

Car Shopping+Jobless=Pointless

Hey Readers!

Let me give you some background... when I turned 16 I was blessed to be able to have a car, the car I wanted-a Honda Accord. It was a used car, but in pretty good condition. Well, 6 years later I still have it and it IS paid off. Now, some of you may be thinking you have a car that is paid off, you should be satisfied with what you have. Well I do appreciate my car and I am thankful that it still runs. It has been a good little car. It lasted me through high school and college, but now I just want something newer-an upgrade
So right now I am in a strange mood... frustrated, sad, anxious, annoyed, mad....you know how you get when all of those emotions hit you at one time and you just feel blah-well that's kind of where I'm at right now. I stopped after lunch to look at a car I passed the other day and thought I might like. I'm now realizing that was probably not the best idea. I was fine when I was on the car lot and looking at cars, but once I got home I started thinking about not being able to get a car until I get a job and then I got frustrated about not having a job and then I got annoyed because no one is hiring and then I got mad because the past two schools I interviewed with chose someone else and then I got kind of sad because I really want to teach, but if I can't get a teaching position I might have to do something else (if I want to work) well that thought process just kept going on and on and on. You know how it is. And can I just say that I am still realizing life in the "real world" as an adult is not easy.. I know some of you have already figured that out by now and have more experience than I do, and I do know that it is hard, but that is one thing I am still learning the more I experience. Call me naive or sheltered....sometimes I wish I could still be that little 10 year old innocent girl, you know when you thought your parents were perfect and could never be wrong, they took care of all of your needs, you think just because someone goes to church they are nice and don't do bad things, you could never imagine some of the horrible things happening that we hear about all the time now--you just think the world is full of good people, and then you grow up you realize your parents make mistakes and sometimes are wrong, they are no longer responsible for taking care of your basic needs, you realize just because someone attends church does not make them a good person, and every day you hear of a story more horrifying than the last. Life was easier then, my biggest decisions consisted of what color clip I wanted to put in my hair for the day or which color to paint my nails! I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer-I love the life I have and am thankful for the people in it, but sometimes I just get a little discouraged about my job situation! So I guess this post was kind of pointless-more for me to vent and get out some frustration-maybe some of you can relate.. share below if you have any similar stories!

Until my next post....I'll still be job searching and car dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment