For those of you who don't know me, I am a Christian and believer in Jesus Christ. I prayed to receive Christ one night all alone in my bed when I was in 8th grade. We had just started attending Sinclair Baptist Church and I was getting involved with the youth ministry. I made many friends (including a bushy headed boy that would almost 8 years later become my husband) and would even go out with them to pass out tracks (a booklet telling people how they can become Christians) in different neighborhoods. That night, I picked up a track that was laying by my bed and what do you know, my 13 year old self actually opened it up and READ what I had been handing out to people. It was then that I realize I am not perfect, that I am a sinner and basically sinners who have not turned to Christ through repentance can not get into Heaven or have a relationship with Christ. I wanted that relationship, so I made the decision to follow Christ and strive every day to be more like Him. Then I took the next important step, I told someone-my Mama and she took me to talk to our pastor. As I grew in my faith and learned more about the meaning of being a Christ follower, the more I started to understand his love for me and who I am in Christ. Throughout college I was involved with a ministry called Campus Outreach, which gave me many opportunities to grow in my faith. I also met many friends that I have kept past my time in college! I am still following Christ today and while it is a hard path to stay on at times, it is the most rewarding and fulfilling.
All of that to say this.... I have an app on my phone called Daily Bible that will put a little bible icon at the top of my phone each morning and when I click it, it gives me a different verse each day. I have this app for many reasons--one is that I do not always discipline myself to sit down and have a good, quality quiet time, each and every day. This app ensures that I can at least get a little snippet of God's word each day. This morning the verse was 1 Corinthians 2: 9--But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him" (ESV)--this verse spoke to me on many levels. For one, as a lover of Christ, we cannot imagine the blessings that he has for us. While it may be hard to see them at the time, when you love Christ, he has unimaginable things planned for you! I sometimes look at other translations to get different versions of a verse, so that I can better understand the meaning of that verse. I like how The Message translates this same verse--That's why we have this scripture text: No one's ever seen or heard anything like this, never so much as imagined anything quite like it-What God has arranged for those who love him.-- Like I have mentioned, I am still looking for a teaching position. This verse reminds me that what God has in store for me is unlike anything that I can even imagine.While it is very discouraging to know of 5 open positions that have now been filled, I know that God has things planned for me that are greater than anything I can even imagine!
Don't forget the keywords to this verse----for those who LOVE him...most can look at this verse and stop right before these words. They then think well I don't understand why {fill in the blank}, well do you love God? I mean really love Him? Do you follow Him? Are you following Him and pursuing His plan for your life? If you are, then it is a whole lot easier to trust Him and His plan.. if not, well it makes it a lot more difficult to wait for or recognize the great things He has planned! Well, while I am no Beth Moore (some of you will get that), I hope that you were encouraged or at least got something from this post! If you don't have a relationship with God, and are interesting in making that decision, please talk to someone who can guide you in making that decision. I promise it won't be the easiest decision, but it will be the best decision you make in your life!
Until my next post....
I miss you and love this.
ReplyDelete